Position Vacancy: Preschool Assistant Sub Teacher
The Employees Welfare Association (EWA) of U.S. Embassy Tokyo is seeking an individual for the position of Preschool Assistant Teacher for the Mitsui Gardens International Preschool located at the U.S. Embassy Housing Compound in Akasaka, Tokyo.
OPEN TO: All interested parties
POSITION: Preschool Assistant Subsitute Teachers
OPENING DATE: All time
CLOSING DATE: All Time
WORK HOURS: As needed basis
SALARY: 1500 yen
- U.S. taxes will be deducted for U.S. citizens and green card holders.
- This position is not a U.S. Federal Government position.
- The EWA will not sponsor work visas in Japan. Candidates must obtain a residency permit that allows adequate work privilege.
ABOUT MITSUI GARDENS INTERNATIONAL PRESCHOOL:
The EWA is a private association of employees of the U.S. Embassy Tokyo. The EWA-managed Mitsui Gardens International Preschool has a current enrollment of 75 children, ages 18 months to five years, and a teaching staff of 15. The Preschool operates from September to June, with a summer program from June to August.
Information about the Preschool is located at: https://mitsuigardensinternationalpreschool.com/.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
A team member, who works toward achieving the school’s objectives through its philosophy. The person selected for this position will work under the Preschool Director, providing supervision and management of the assigned class and establishing a warm, nurturing environment in which children can grow emotionally, socially and intellectually, in accordance with established programs and policies of EWA.
- Education: Degree/Certificate in Early Childhood Education is preferred. Work experience may substitute for formal education. Child/Adult CPR and First Aid Certification required prior to work start.
- Prior Work Experience: Experience in a preschool or child care capacity is a plus.
- Language Proficiency: Fluent written and spoken English. Native English speakers need not submit relevant scores.
- Knowledge: Must relate well to children, be warm, friendly and nurturing, and have basic knowledge of current best practices and developmentally appropriate curriculum for preschoolers.
- Skills: Ability to communicate with staff, children and parents with a professional attitude. Must be able to manage small groups of children in a positive manner.
- Qualified candidates able to obtain a residency permit in Japan are encouraged to apply.
- A successful background investigation will be required prior to employment.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Copies of all test scores, certificates, copies of degrees earned or school/college transcripts that address the qualification requirements of this position.
- A copy of residency permit in Japan that allows full time work privilege or statement of ability to obtain.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
U.S. Embassy Tokyo
EWA Preschool Director
1-10-5, Akasaka Minato-ku